For all dog owners, we’re not sure that a family holiday would be truly complete if it didn’t include bringing your four-legged family members! So why not embark on dog-friendly holidays in Devon that are sure get your dogs tail wagging.
Dog Friendly Holidays in Devon
Dog Friendly Holidays in Devon
Our pet-friendly accommodation is nearby to fantastic dog-friendly beaches and woodland walks. And our range of accommodation, including Dog Friendly Cottages to modern spacious Dog Friendly caravans, will ensure that man’s best friend will feel right at home when you visit Cofton.
Dogs are welcome in our Dart and Exe holiday homes for an additional supplement. Our Eastdon Estate Stable Cottages; Horseshoe, Honeysuckle, Primrose, and The Coaching House are our dog-friendly cottages! Included in the package is a dog mat, dog bowl and blanket, we want to make your holidays memorable!
The price to bring your dogs when touring or camping varies throughout the year. Our dog-friendly camping pitches are perfect for traveling with dogs and you have the advantage of there being no additional charge when you visit us in low and mid-season.
We do not charge for registered assistance dogs.
Dog Friendly Holidays Top Tips:
- Don’t forget to bring your doggy essentials including food, treats and toys – don’t worry if you forget though as our on site shop has a good selection of supplies.
- Please ensure you bring a lead for your pet. Dogs must be kept on a lead while on site.
- We have plenty of doggy bins around the site so please bring your poop scoop and pick up after your pet.
- Our dog wash is available to use in he shower block at the bottom of Barnfield, perfect if your walk ends with muddy paws or sandy fur.
- We have a handy dog walking field adjacent to the site located next to Cofton Church – ideal for a short comfort break for your pet.
- With numerous routes for ‘walkies’ in the immediate vicinity, there’s no shortage of opportunities to let off the leash and explore!
Our recommendations for the perfect walkies:
- A woodland walk through our Eastdon Estate – plenty of paths to explore with superb views over the Exe Estuary. There are often deer around so dogs should be kept on a lead.
- A walk along Dawlish Warren beach. Dogs are allowed on the beach all year round past groyne 3, they are allowed on the beach up to groyne 3 only from 1st October to 31st March. For full details please check out this guide.
- A circular walk around Cockwood Village. Walk down to the harbour up Cofton Hill and then back down into the back of the park, either through the public footpaths or our own trails through the woods at the top of Cofton Hill, or through the gate at the back of the park.
- Take a stroll towards Powderham along the Exe Estuary trail.
- A short drive away is The Obelisk at the top of Mamhead where parking is free and you can either do a short or long loop. The Obelisk itself gives amazing views down across the valley below.
- Our own Dog Walking Field is the perfect place for your companions to stretch their legs! Located next to the Main Site, it’s ideal for a quick scamper.
Eating out with your pet in our dog friendly pub
We even have our very own Dog Friendly Pub, The Swan Inn. You and your four-legged friend will always receive a warm welcome in our onsite pub. Whether you want to cosy up inside or bask in the sunlight on the patio, we’ve got some delicious treats for both owner and pooch.
We also stock Doggy Ice Cream – the frozen treat for dogs aged 6 months and upwards. This lip-smackingly tasty treat has no artificial nasties and specially formulated to be gentle on our dog’s digestive system!